Friday, October 27, 2006

House Update

We finally closed on the house in Queretaro. The seller went with me this morning to get the cashier's checks for the closing, and wanted two checks, one for his sister and one for him. No problem. He also wanted a big bunch of cash. Don't know why and didn't ask. When I got three large packets of bills from the cashier the seller wanted to count it all (300+ bills) right in front of the entire bank. I objected, and the bank officer gave us a room where we confirmed the correct total. Later at the closing, he counted the bills again. I guess he thought I might have stolen a few in the meantime. He is really a nice guy, but is clueless. He had two weeks to get his stuff (i.e. junk) out of the house, but had done nothing while we were gone. I have given him until Monday, when I will change the locks and call a trash hauling company.

The sale of the house in Atlanta is moving again. Turns out that the buyers had not made any moves to get a loan. When we threatened to get our earnest money, and then to sue them for the contracted sales price based on their not following their contract obligations, things began to move. Turns out they are rap music producers who want to move to Atlanta where the action is. They are just spacey artists, I guess (besides being damned Yankees!!!). Anyway, we should be able to close in the next few weeks.

Whew!!

No comments: